[LIBRARYDIR] Shared governance models that work?

Dawn Marie Lowe-Wincentsen dawn.lowe.win at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 19:39:31 PST 2024

Hello All,
At Shoreline we are building a shared governance model. Part of this is
seeing what is working at other places. If you like something or see
something that really works at a place you are now, or have been in the
past, please share with me. Feel free to reply just to me, If people want I
can share out at the end.
These are the major areas we have identified in the research: but really
anything that works well is welcome.
Clear definitions of shared governance
Specify the communication means and methods – Clearly defined lines of
communication
Common expectations/ definitions of participation
Training (in a manner to facilitate diverse perspectives)
Other notes

Thank you

*Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen, MLIS*
Executive Director of Learning Resources

Dlowe-wincentsen at shoreline.edu

*Shoreline Community College*
www.shoreline.edu  |  206.546.4101

Pronouns: she, her, hers