[LIBRARYDIR] Strategic Planning / Strategic Plans

Dawn Marie Lowe-Wincentsen dawn.lowe.win at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:57:36 PDT 2023

Currently at Shoreline we are doing a process much like Bruce describes for
annual area reviews. The rubric looks at the department goals and needs
compared to the president's goals. It would tie to the strategic plan, but
the college is also going through a strategic planning process. Next year
the area reviews will tie to the goals from the strategic plan. Within my
division we have been working through this process at every division
meeting, tying ideas back to college wide goals, tagging each other in
reports so specific people are responsible for various sections. lot's of
data mining. (As this is in process, I don't want to widely share the
document itself.)

In a prior organization I led the library in a multi year process of
strategic planning. The document and goals we came up with is still on
their website (attached). We listed current activities in line with the
college goals and strategic plan, then we added new ideas, and finally used
dot stickers to vote on them. The highest voted items, I had people
champion them and make a plan. There was a lot of buy in and collaboration
in the process. I am also trying some of these activities at Shoreline.

*Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen, MLIS*
Executive Director of Learning Resources

Dlowe-wincentsen at shoreline.edu

*Shoreline Community College*
www.shoreline.edu  |  206.546.4101

Pronouns: she, her, hers