[LIBRARYDIR] IL Survey for LLC members: deadline July 10

Ventura, Gerie GVENTURA at highline.edu
Tue Jun 6 15:51:56 PDT 2023

Dear LLC friends~

      Following up on our IL conversation at our spring meeting we're asking that you share some of your time and input regarding IL work at your institution.   This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about what is happening and determine possible next steps we can take to support one another and our campus communities.

If you can, please complete this by July 10th at the absolute latest (don't worry, we'll send you reminders). We'll follow up on the results at our summer meeting and discuss the direction we as a group might like to take with our LLC workplan.

This survey is anonymous, but you can include your institution name if you like.

Thank you in advance for your time and sharing!

https://forms.gle/rLjQEYVziwKCDxj1A
[Image removed by sender.]<https://forms.gle/rLjQEYVziwKCDxj1A>
State of Information Literacy Instruction<https://forms.gle/rLjQEYVziwKCDxj1A>
Inquiry, Information Literacy, Engagement with Creative and Critical Thinking are foundational skills and habits essential for academic and professional success. However, these same thinking habits and skills are arguably becoming increasingly elusive to the community of learners we serve. All these attributes are "known" and commonplace in our conversations and work on learning outcomes at our institutions. However there is still valuable work and collegiality that can come from identifying both uniqueness and clarity across our institutional practices. This understanding could benefit our students across our state and foster understanding of the role of librarians as essential collaborators and subject matter experts in these areas.
forms.gle

Thank you,

Gerie Ventura
Library Director & LLC Chair, 2023-2024
Highline College Library
2400 South 240th Street, M/S 25-2 | Des Moines, WA 98198 | 206.592.3134 | gventura at highline.edu<mailto:gventura at highline.edu>

[Louie Gong Native American artist-inspired Highline College Library. A blue eagle head on a green and white background with blue text.]