[LIBRARYDIR] Follow up on Kanopy offer

Hill, Carleigh CarleighH at bigbend.edu
Thu Jul 27 12:08:06 PDT 2023

I know budgets are still up in the air for most of our libraries and tight all around. But I had a chance to confirm with our Kanopy rep Nicole that the quoted prices we received for KBASE this spring will be honored until the end of this calendar year. So the 20% discount is actually now a 23% discount and includes the new titles Kanopy has added!

If you want your price or if you would like me to help you compare the title list to any current streaming video subscription just let me know!

Carleigh

Here is the message from Nicole:

Hi WACTCLC Members!

Happy summer from Kanopy and OverDrive. I wanted to let you know that the 20% discount is still available and I was able to exclude your consortium from an increase in July! Additionally, the catalog has recently been refreshed to stay relevant to faculty needs:

  *   900 new titles added
  *   Over 50% exclusive to Kanopy
  *   Comprehensive subject coverage, reflecting the makeup of the complete Kanopy collection

Over 250 first-year adopters have subscribed to KBASE! And I wanted to share this quote from one of our partners:
"So many of the titles are familiar to me because of the requests I've had for them over the years. I think we're going to make many people very happy." — Mary Moran, College of Holy Cross

Please let me or Carleigh know if you'd like a quote!

Lastly, please let me know if you're also interested in audio and ebooks from OverDrive. I can offer a content credit of $500 for any Kanopy customer that signs on as a new OverDrive Academic customer.

Best,
Nicole
Account Executive II, Kanopy
nicole.ojeda at kanopy.com