[LIBRARYDIR] OER Faculty Institute

DeSure, Pearl Pearl.DeSure at cptc.edu
Thu Jul 13 10:43:18 PDT 2023

Greetings library colleagues!

The Teaching and Learning Center at Clover Park Technical College is excited to announce our upcoming virtual OER Faculty Institute on August 11th-12th, 2023. This no-cost event features keynote presentations from internationally recognized professionals, as well as breakout sessions on a range of topics, including finding OER, accessibility in OER, open licenses, prof/tech OER opportunities and challenges, and a panel discussion on OER and librarians. The event will be held virtually via Zoom and all sessions will be recorded for later viewing.

We invite faculty, instructional designers, librarians, and anyone interested in OER to join us and explore the benefits of using OER in the classroom. You'll have the opportunity to connect with like-minded professionals, learn about best practices in OER, and discover how to create engaging and accessible course content using OER.

Registration is free<https://cptc.libguides.com/TLC/CPTC-OER-Faculty-Institute> and gets you an advance email with a link to the sessions and a program.

For more information or any questions, please contact the Teaching & Learning Center at Clover Park Technical College at tlc at cptc.edu<mailto:tlc at cptc.edu>. We can't wait to see you there!

Click to view last year's schedule<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lycw0Zhx3_urUmb1vnXy4119xiEO5OPMGN8C4eWPYBg/edit?usp=sharing> and please feel free to share with any interested colleagues!

Best,
Pearl

Pearl DeSure
Faculty Librarian
Clover Park Technical College
Library/Learning Resource Center<https://cptc.libguides.com/library>
Building 15, rm. 113A
4500 Steilacoom Blvd. SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
T: 253.589.6067<tel:253.589.6067>
Educating tomorrow's workforce.
<https://outlook.office365.com/mail/options/mail/cptc.edu>
"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."
Vincent van Gogh