[LIBRARYDIR] About Discards Just Confirming

Sokol, Keyth ksokol at rtc.edu
Tue Apr 18 08:59:14 PDT 2023

Good Morning, All Ye Library Leaders!  Wishing you well!
I have read through the items in the Library Discards folder<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eRRcjk7M0tUvAMOThlSQ2nyhM0QFR3zD?usp=share_link>, and as RTC Library gets back into the weeding game heavily soon, I want to confirm I have the latest info, as posted in January 2022 to the folder.  I shall move forward on this info unless anyone feels things are different.
Thank you for your support!

"In summary, the individual colleges may exercise the surplus disposition authority without going through DES. However, the institutions must follow RCW 28A.335.180 and give the notice to local school districts in a newspaper of general circulation. After 30 days if no school wants to purchase the items described in the notice, you should be able to dispose of them as you wish." - Dave Stolier, head of the Higher Education division of the AG's office

Keyth Sokol
Interim Associate Dean
he, him, his
425-235-6730
ksokol at rtc.edu<mailto:ksokol at rtc.edu> | rtc.edu/Library<http://www.rtc.edu/library>
"Neither the life of an individual nor the history of society can be understood without understanding both." - Victor M. Rios
Reading:
Punished: Policing the Lives of Black and Latino Boys by Victor M. Rios

[25E3732B]<https://www.rtc.edu/>
3000 NE 4thSt., Renton WA 98056
Students Succeed at RTC.
[CF0BE171]<https://www.facebook.com/rentontechnicalcollege>[6BADD5A7]<https://twitter.com/rentontech>[4C2B754D]<https://www.youtube.com/rentontechnicalcollege>[7AC981E3]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/renton-technical-college>[4875B8E9]<https://instagram.com/rentontechnicalcollege/>