[LIBRARYDIR] Language learning resources

Fuhrman, Tim timf at bigbend.edu
Wed Apr 12 11:58:22 PDT 2023

Several years ago we closed out Language Lab because use of the lab was not having any impact on student success but we kept the fee and purchased Rosetta Stone only to find out later it was not meeting our students' needs either.  We were just starting to being searching for other options when Covid hit and, of course, that project got pushed aside.

We teach Spanish, French, and German, but we have students speak, Japanese, Ukrainian, Russian, and Spanish who are also learning English so it would be great if we had something that covered multiple languages. Any recommendations as we get started again?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D96D34.CB1F3F90]
Tim Fuhrman
Director of Library Resources
& eLearning
Big Bend Community College
timf at bigbend.edu<mailto:timf at bigbend.edu>
www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>
Bonaudi Library (ATEC/1800 Building)*7662 Chanute Street NE*Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299