[GuidedPathways] [SPAM] Register Now: Student Success Lunch & Learn January 25!

Ashley Montenegro Ramirez amontenegro at sbctc.edu
Wed Jan 3 15:43:47 PST 2024

We're kicking off the new year with our next Student Success Lunch & Learn
Thursday, January 25 from 12-1pm PT.

Re-engaging Adult Learners

Register Here: https://education-first.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIvd-6rpzMsGNPSwWDm8Wj79imyo4aqi1S7#/registration
Community colleges play an important role in expanding college access as they serve more than half of all college students with low incomes and more than 1.7 million adult learners. However, community college enrollment declines since the spring of 2020 threaten to worsen educational inequity and diminish college access. To offset this trend, New America partnered with six community colleges in three different states to re-enroll adult learners and uncover important insights for the field on how to enroll, and better serve, adult students at community colleges. One participating institution, Mt. Hood Community College in Oregon, adjusted policies and practices already yielding outsized positive results for adult enrollment and success. Speakers from Mt. Hood and New America will share their findings and experiences during this virtual session.

Guest speakers: Ivy Love & Iris Palmer, New America; John Hamblin, Mt. Hood Community College

Warm regards,
The Student Success Center Team