[GuidedPathways] course success rates question

Nulty, Brigid C. bnulty at shoreline.edu
Thu Sep 14 14:35:16 PDT 2023

Hello all,
I have a kind of "third-rail" question. Are any colleges - or departments within a college - collecting and analyzing student success rates in a given course and comparing patterns between instructors?  For example:

  *   Are there any English departments that look at success rates (disaggregated, URM v non-URM) for students who take ENLG& 101 with Prof A compared to Prof B compared to Prof C...?

Doesn't have to be English. Could be common gateway courses like MATH& 146, or PSYC& 100, BUS& 101, or other.

I can see how this would be politically risky, to compare faculty to each other. But maybe someone is doing it anyway?

-B

BRIGID NULTY

She/Her

Director of Guided Pathways

Shoreline Community College

www.shoreline.edu<http://www.shoreline.edu/>

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to reply to this email outside of your working hours.