[Factc] What is the Most Commonly Taught Assignment in ENGL&101?

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Thu Feb 13 09:51:33 PST 2020

Hey, everyone!

Dutch Henry, English faculty at Shoreline, and I are working on something pretty epic in terms of professional development ... and we want to know ...

What is the most common, typically taught assignment in ENGL&101 across the Washington State CTC system?

Is there even such a thing?

Can you help us? If you teach ENGL&101 in the Washington State CTC system ... please take this brief survey: http://bit.ly/2SHpQdx

We will share the survey results, of course! Besides ... don't you want to know? I'm dying to find out!

We'll close the survey at 5pm on Monday, February 17th, 2020, so please hurry!

With gratitude,

Jennifer

PS-- Please forward to all the English faculty you know!

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Jennifer Whetham (pronouns: she/her/hers)

Assessment, Teaching, and Learning (ATL), Education Division

Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)

jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-4354 • c: 206-310-1291

2019-20 ATL Initiative: "Supporting Faculty Engagement in Guided Pathways<http://bit.ly/2BpQe3q>"

Add Your Voice: Take the Survey<http://bit.ly/2odbDJM>

“The problems of racism in writing classrooms are not primarily pedagogical problems to solve alone. Racism is an assessment problem, which can only be fully solved by changing the system of assessment, by changing the classroom writing assessment ecology. Thus assessment must be reconceived as an antiracist ecology.”

 [*]        Asao B. Inoue, Antiracist Writing Assessment Ecologies<http://bit.ly/2xvacY4>