[Etag] Updates on Instructure Negotiations/Canceling Tomorrow ETAG meeting

Michael Brown mbrown at sbctc.edu
Tue Apr 23 16:20:43 PDT 2024

Dear ETAG Members,

I am writing to share an update I received this afternoon from our Instructure CSM. Although I was optimistic about providing the necessary details for our discussion in tomorrow's ETAG meeting, it appears that we will need to defer this until the week of May 6th.

I emphasize the urgency of receiving this information swiftly, as it is essential for our strategic planning and decision-making processes. To ensure we are prepared for a productive dialogue with Instructure and their Higher Ed leadership during that week, ETAG Leadership and Abraham will convene with the stakeholders to reach a final consensus on moving forward. Given the postponement of these critical details and to facilitate better preparation, I am cancelling our meeting scheduled for tomorrow. This will give everyone some additional time to prepare for the upcoming discussions.

I will continue to keep all ETAG members informed throughout the negotiation process.

Thank you for your understanding and continued collaboration.

Respectfully,

Michael A. Brown, Ph.D.

Pronouns: he, him, Beloved

Director of Educational Resources & Innovation

mbrown at sbctc.edu

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”(Maya Angelou)