[DEOC] FW: SOCC Support: Intentional Outreach for Workshop Presenters

Jimenez, Maribel mjimenez at highline.edu
Mon Mar 4 08:58:34 PST 2024

From: Fui, Edwina <efui at highline.edu>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2024 4:32 PM
To: 'Multicultural Student Services Directors' Council' <mssdc at lists.ctc.edu>
Cc: Moore, Keith <kmoore at highline.edu>
Subject: SOCC Support: Intentional Outreach for Workshop Presenters

Talofa Lava (Greetings) MSSDC,

Our planning committee is excited to have selected 38 presenters for this year's conference, but we still need more! We are doing intentional outreach this round as we know the turnaround time is shorter than the last deadline. We would love to find at least 8-10 more workshops per session to provide a comfortable space for all attendees.

We are seeking for more workshops specifically for the following pillars:

SESSION 2. | AWARENESS OF OTHERS - FRIDAY, APRIL 19TH 1:30-3:00PM
Description: These facilitated workshops are "101" awareness building related to race, ethnicity, and other differences. You should attend the workshops of the group you most want to learn about. Students will increase their knowledge and understanding of a racial, ethnic, and/or cultural group other than their own.

SESSION 3. | CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION & SKILLS - FRIDAY, APRIL 20TH 3:15-4:45PM
Description: These facilitated workshops focus on skill building and development, such as alliance building, intercultural communication, cross-cultural communication, and understanding power and privilege.

Know of anyone? Are you interested in submitting a proposal? Please submit your workshop by March 8th here at this link<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdoam6ReAYHRIdPljEb568scPOGKonpqxVX8UADlnAviY6hIg/viewform>. If you have any questions, please contact myself or Keith Moore. Thank you community!

[CCIELogo]

EDWINA FUI, M.Ed (she/her/hers)
Director, Center for Cultural & Inclusive Excellence
Highline College - Building 8-3
efui at highline.edu<mailto:efui at highline.edu> | 206.592.3903
http://ccie.highline.edu<http://ccie.highline.edu/>
Tell us how we're doing<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFxtp3XcEMP4_FxMdyXpcSQ9edHdETD9RdqazFQS4-_vhOAQ/viewform>

"O le ala i le pule o le tautua"
The pathway to leadership is through service
-Samoan Proverb

Winter Quarter Hours (Building 8, 3rd Floor)
Mon.-Thurs.: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Fri.: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
I am remote on Thursdays during Winter 2024