[DEOC] Commission constitution (from WACTC bylaws)

Fisher, D'andre Dandre.Fisher at Seattlecolleges.edu
Thu Nov 9 09:10:25 PST 2023

Greetings colleagues,

For those of you who are not able to attend in person, we encourage you to join by zoom this morning. We need all colleagues to be part of our DEOC workplans. Please join by zoom.

https://skagitvalleycollege.zoom.us/j/82567316587?pwd=OTZ5KzNVNjJlK0NIQ0tBWE9udjRZZz09

Peace and blessings everyone!

D’Andre Fisher (he/him, us/beloved community)
Seattle Colleges associate vice chancellor
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Community
Seattle Colleges senior equity officer

________________________________
From: DEOC <deoc-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Sophia Agtarap via DEOC <deoc at lists.ctc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 11:35:38 AM
To: DEOC <deoc at lists.ctc.edu>
Cc: Sophia Agtarap <sagtarap at sbctc.edu>
Subject: [DEOC] Commission constitution (from WACTC bylaws)

All--

Sharing info as we reflect on and possibly rewrite our constitution and workplan:

Please see page 6, Article XII - Commissions:

Article I: Each commission shall have a constitution approved and on file with the association. Amendments or changes to a commission constitution must receive approval of the board of presidents.

Article II: Council organizations, under a commission, exist to pursue specific purposes consistent with the overall purposes of the association. Such councils shall maintain a constitution, which must be approved by the respective commission and on file with the board of presidents. Councils can be created only with the specific approval of the board of presidents.

https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/wactc/wactc-constitution-approved-2020-11-20.pdf

[Compass]
  Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

  Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion

[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/bookwithme/misc/CalendarPerson20px.png]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/428a9a0a3cb14afe82036360d2d894a8@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>

CAUTION: This email originated outside of the Seattle Colleges’ email system. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. Questions? Contact IT Services at x6333 (Central), x3630 (North), x5844 (South) or email ITHelp at seattlecolleges.edu.