[DEOC] Farewell and Thank You!

Sophia Agtarap sagtarap at sbctc.edu
Thu Jun 22 10:34:35 PDT 2023

My former institution, Vanderbilt, has just announced it is dissolving the EDI office and is pivoting to people and culture. They don't quite say it like that though, but my friend is the Vice Chancellor there who was hired in that office: https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2023/06/21/vanderbilt-expands-investments-in-staff-search-for-inaugural-vice-chancellor-for-people-culture-and-belonging-underway/
[https://cdn.vanderbilt.edu/vu-news/files/20190417214815/aerial-campus1-585x301.jpeg]<https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2023/06/21/vanderbilt-expands-investments-in-staff-search-for-inaugural-vice-chancellor-for-people-culture-and-belonging-underway/>
Vanderbilt expands investments in staff; search for inaugural vice chancellor for people, culture and belonging underway<https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2023/06/21/vanderbilt-expands-investments-in-staff-search-for-inaugural-vice-chancellor-for-people-culture-and-belonging-underway/>
Vanderbilt University is doubling down on its investments in its staff with the launch of an international search for a new vice chancellor for people, culture and belonging. This expanded role will bring together key operational activities that impact the staff experience, including hiring, staff development, equal opportunity and access, health and wellness programs and belonging initiatives.
news.vanderbilt.edu

[Compass]
  Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

  Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion