[DEOC] Best Practices in Employee Recruitment

Marcus Harvey mharvey at batestech.edu
Mon Aug 21 09:39:33 PDT 2023

Hi Priya

Below are some of the things we are doing in HR for recruitment to ensure equity.

  1.  Redact names, gender, and race of candidates before the hiring committee sees them.
  2.  Redact last job worked at to keep folks from calling the last place they worked out (especially when they previously worked in hire ed)
  3.  The hiring committee is briefed by the recruitment manger on unconscious bias and professionalism in the interview process.
  4.  There is always a HR representative present at every interview for full time employees to ensure the process is fair and equitable.

With Kindness & Gratitude

Marcus