[DEOC] Conference Operating Budget Detail

Sophia Agtarap sagtarap at sbctc.edu
Tue Apr 25 08:42:07 PDT 2023

Good morning!

Just in from Choi, who invited us to share the information below with our commissions. It was sent to the Business Officers group this morning. Some of it is similar to what I shared with you yesterday, but want to be sure you are also seeing what some of your other officers in your institutions are receiving about this budget.

Peace,
Sophia

-----------

Good morning, Business Officers.

I am forwarding the message that was sent to Presidents, Chancellors, and State Board members on Sunday that has details of the budget that passed the legislature and is heading for the Governor’s desk.

Here are a few caveats about the detailed information contained in the attachment:

  *   For many of the provisos and funding provided to meet provisions of newly enacted laws, the WACTC has not yet made recommendations on how to distribute the funding across the districts
  *   Funding to the Districts will be designed as much as possible to allow local prioritization of activities and strategies.
  *   For those of you new to the system or your positions, this is a reminder that allocations from SBCTC are distributed to the district, not to a college or a department, so that the institution can make the best overall local decisions on fund use to satisfy the various legal and operational requirements of the district.

If you have questions, please contact me or Cherie Berthon (cberthon at sbctc.edu)

[Compass]

Choi Halladay

Deputy Executive Director, Business Operations

challaday at sbctc.edu • o: 360-704-4303

[Compass]
  Sophia Kristina R. Agtarap (she/siya)

  Director, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion