[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Warning messages that appear when loading some ISIRs from suspense for 2023-2024

Deborah Englehardt denglehardt at sbctc.edu
Wed Oct 18 09:27:50 PDT 2023

Good morning FA!!

Happy Financial Aid Day!! 😆

I’m reaching out to you today about a few warning messages that have been popping up for colleges when loading ISIRs from suspense for 2023-2024.

The following are examples of the warning messages that pop-up.

[cid:2fb61a3e-3cd6-486d-8201-b6aa7537bd31]

[cid:9631d8f8-07ce-454d-b65f-736681a14580]

[cid:47092125-c5ce-4290-9da4-abd129a5aae4]

We’ve received a few tickets from colleges and we’ve confirmed from test cases that the ISIRs do load successfully and they are just warning messages.

Warning messages are surprising and can cause worry so we’re listing two situations we’ve seen so far where these warning messages appear:

  *   The student has four quarters of FA Term built. This makes sense because then yes, if the base week is 36 and the budgeted weeks is 36 + 8 or 36 + 7, that is not the same number. 😁 The message may also come up for some colleges on the Correct 20xx-20xx ISIR records page when selecting 'Calc EFC'
  *
The student already has FA Term built when the ISIR is loaded. In the ISIR Jobset there is a process that updates the Weeks of Instruction to 12 in FA Term for Pell purposes. 😊

[cid:image008.jpg at 01DA01A2.6306A300]

The warning messages seem to be talking about that mismatch. We tested the theory by removing the 12 and loading the ISIR and there were no error messages.

Should you come across a scenario where you get the warning messages and the ISIR does not load, please submit a ticket so we can look into it and update the FA community with our findings.

Thank you!

[Compass]Deborah Englehardt

Senior Functional Analyst, Campus Solutions (Financial Aid)

1300 Quince Street SE

Olympia, WA 98504-2495

denglehardt at sbctc.edu<mailto:denglehardt at sbctc.edu> • O: 360-704-3979

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>