[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Please read - Extension on Survey

Ana Ybarra aybarra at sbctc.edu
Tue May 16 09:12:04 PDT 2023

Good morning FA Community  –

We have received twenty-two survey responses, and of the twenty-two, two abstained - a HUGE THANK YOU to those that responded. As a reminder, FA Support requires approval from a minimum of 90% of ctcLink colleges in order to proceed with the solution development. Here is the verbiage from our May 2nd email:

“In order for us to stick to our timeline we need the engagement and participation of the FA community, and the first step in that process is reading, thoroughly understanding and hopefully approving the attached Solution Design Document (SDD) for Pass 2 for Breaks in Enrollment and Summer Drops. In tandem with that item we have included a survey to be filled out by each college giving their blessing to the solution design, among some other questions that need to be answered in order for us to better target SAP subject matter experts from each FA office.”

Embedded in the survey is an option that explains that by abstaining, a colleges is deferring to their peers in the community to move forward with this solution design. It is crucial to us in this endeavor that we have responses to the survey from at least 90% of the community. We’re aware that several staff may be attending WSAC training this week, therefore, we are going to extend the deadline for reading the Solution Design Document for the remaining seventeen colleges to respond to the survey by end of business day, Friday May 26th. Extending this deadline will have minimum impact on the release date, but due to the Memorial Day holiday, we have moved the beginning of UAT to Wednesday, May 31st.

Survey Link: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=ldeuR3W5mUCbNzejpAARmZSGbF_M6IZDq5eFjbh_Sh5UQ1FFQzJUVFM2S1VIVEVGNkhYS05YTTJENi4u

We recognize that this particular issue and solution is a bit more abstract and complicated; therefore we want to afford the FA Community time to really understand their SAP setup for this particular SAP test functionality, and hopefully approve the solution we’ve put forward to address the concern initially raised. We are asking FA clients to please review your SAP Statuses and Actions setup for Pass 2 test, while you review this SDD. For this solution we are requiring a minimum 90% pass/approve from colleges in order to move forward with development work and moving to production.

ACTION ITEM - Question to the twenty colleges that approved the SDD -
We’d like to take the same approach to testing that we have with mass packing items, wherein we asked four to six colleges to test on behalf of the FA community. It’s our experience this approach expedites testing and turn-around times to remain on schedule for deploying to production. Could we have at least five of you volunteer to test this solution? The high level timeline below reflects clients would still have almost a month to complete testing. If your college would like to volunteer for this testing, please respond to this email thread- and thank you very much in advance 😊

High Level Timeline

•                    5/2 – Colleges review attached Solution Design Document (SDD) for the Pass 2 for Breaks in Enrollment and Summer Drops

•                    5/15 – Colleges to submit completed Solution Design Approval survey back to FA Support by end of business day

•                    We require approval from a minimum of 90% of ctcLink colleges in order to proceed with the solution development

     *   REVISED 5/26 – Extension to complete survey
     *   REVISED 5/31 – Start Start User Acceptance Testing (UAT) kick-off and release into the test environment

•                    6/23 – Colleges submit completed sign off UAT Survey due to SBCTC by end of business day

     *   We require approval from a minimum of 90% of ctcLink colleges pass/yes from colleges in order to move into PRD implement this solution in Production

•                    6/27 – Target implementation in Production

Save the Date Invites Coming Soon

We will be sending some calendar invites to SAVE THE DATE so that SAP SME’s can begin blocking time out on their calendars now for the UAT Solution Design review on May 31st and testing through June 23rd.  We will also send more details about the testing process once we get closer to that date later in May.

Peace be with you,

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Ana Ybarra, MA
Associate Director Campus Solutions - Financial Aid
• o: 360-704-1024