[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Prorated EFC not calculating for some students

Deborah Englehardt denglehardt at sbctc.edu
Thu Aug 17 09:36:52 PDT 2023

Good morning FA!

Two colleges reported seeing the Prorated EFC not being calculated for a few of their students.

[cid:05da6d32-d562-454d-9401-161660cbead3]

The Prorated EFC should have been calculated at the FAPSAR00 - Process ISIRs step in the ISIR Jobset or during the Mass EFC Calc process colleges have set on a recurrence to run in the morning.

We queried data for both colleges and saw over 200 students affected for each of those colleges.

We queried the rest of the system and have confirmed 26 out of 33 colleges have been affected at this time and most colleges only have one student with this issue.

We’re currently working with our App Services Team to determine why these select students are not having their Prorated EFC calculated at the time their ISIR is processed. When you select Calc EFC on the student, the Prorated EFC does calculate.

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D9D0E8.2DD3DDF0]

Until we are able to determine the cause of the issue and resolve it, please run QCS_FA_MASS_EFC_NOT_CALCD to find the students that are affected at your college and select the Calc EFC button manually on the student’s ISIR.

Note: The Prorated EFC is what populates into your Assign Awards to a Student page so we have a “Has aid?” column on the query results to indicate whether the student has been awarded aid and will need their aid reviewed.

Because it is unclear why some colleges are affected and not others, we ask that you continue to run the query to confirm you do not have students to clean up.

Thank you,

[Compass]Deborah Englehardt

Senior Functional Analyst, Campus Solutions (Financial Aid)

1300 Quince Street SE

Olympia, WA 98504-2495

denglehardt at sbctc.edu<mailto:denglehardt at sbctc.edu> • O: 360-704-3979

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>