[CTCAccess] February Newsletter

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Tue Feb 20 13:04:24 PST 2018

CTCAccess February Newsletter

The goal of this listserv is to share accessibility related announcements, events, tips/tricks, resources, and success stories to those interested (no matter your role). A newsletter will be sent to members of the listserv monthly. This newsletter is a digest of posts from the shiny, new AccessWA blog<http://accesswa.blog>.

Listserv Love
I credit a lot of my accessibility know-how to a variety of listservs. Want to dive into even larger communities of practice around accessibility? Check out them out: AccessibleIT - Promoting Accessible IT in Higher Education, managed by UW, populated with disability services and IT professionals interested in increasing the accessibility of IT in postsecondary ... Continue reading Listserv Love<https://accesswa.blog/2018/01/19/listserv-love/>
QM Standard 8 Training
SBCTC will cover QM Standard 8: Addressing Accessibility & Usability workshop for community and technical college faculty. Continue reading QM Standard 8 Training<https://accesswa.blog/2018/01/22/qm-standard-8-training/>
Quick Tip: Word
Vision Australia's Document Accessibility Toolbar (DAT) makes creating accessible Word documents incredibly easy. The main feature of this toolbar is that it puts all of the accessibility tools from Word into one place. This prevents you from having to bounce around and track down all of the great accessibility tools that are built into Word. Now, ... Continue reading Quick Tip: Word<https://accesswa.blog/2018/01/25/quick-tip-2/>
Suggested Read
Accessibility: A Shared Campus Responsibility Best Accomplished with Executive Support On Monday a great article came out in EDUCAUSE's 2018 Top 10 IT Issues issue - Accessibility: A Shared Campus Responsibility Best Accomplished with Executive Support. Funny, though, accessibility - yet again - is not listed as one of the top 10 IT issues...[eye roll] I've posted ... Continue reading Suggested Read<https://accesswa.blog/2018/01/31/suggested-read/>
Quick Tip: Outlook
While preparing for a webinar on accessible email, I came across an amazing feature in Outlook for Office 365: I can adjust my settings to let others in my agency know that I prefer to receive accessible content. This notice appears above the email, similar to when you're notified that one of your recipients has ... Continue reading Quick Tip: Outlook<https://accesswa.blog/2018/02/19/quick-tip-outlook/>
Do you have a topic you want to see addressed? Want to write for the AccessWa blog? Tell us about your ideas, tips, resources, and successes. Share now<https://accesswa.blog/share/>!

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
p: 360.704.4327 | c: 253.229.8591
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing> | AccessWA Blog<https://accesswa.blog>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!