[CTCAccess] Fw: [ITACCESS] Universal Design for Learning Forum in Oregon

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Fri Apr 13 10:29:21 PDT 2018

This looks like a fabulous event focused on supporting faculty to apply Universal Design for Learning principles to their courses. For those in the Portland vicinity I'd encourage you to check it out -- plus, it's free!

Jess

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
p: 360.704.4327 | c: 253.229.8591
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing> | AccessWA Blog<https://accesswa.blog> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!

To: ITACCESS at LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [ITACCESS] Universal Design for Learning Forum in Oregon

Hello,

Next month Thursday, May 24th from 9:00-1:00 at Portland State University, located in Oregon state.  We will offer a free Universal Design for Learning (UDL) discussion forum with faculty and keynote speaker Gaier Deitrich from California State Community College, High Tech Center Training Unit (HTCTU).

The discussion will focus on how faculty can implement changes in course content to remove environmental barriers for learners. Faculty workgroups will share there experience studying UDL and implementing the Center of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) rubric to the course design process.

Please see the Eventbrite invitation to RSVP and get more information. <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/universal-design-for-learning-forum-tickets-44348849603>

Please join us if you are nearby!

Warm Regards,

Samantha Johns

(Pronouns: she, her, hers)

Accessible Media Coordinator

Office of Academic Innovation

Portland State University

1825 SW Broadway
Smith Memorial Student Union, Mezzanine 209
Portland OR 97201
(503) 725-2754

[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B5rT_cYNvyAzYWxVdDFKSGxKZDg&revid=0B5rT_cYNvyAzak42WDBqQ0lTMlFBTHJLSmpvakJteVBmMHNVPQ]
Caption Badge: Universal Design for learning 2016

“The one argument for accessibility that doesn’t get made nearly often enough is how extraordinarily better it makes some people’s lives. How many opportunities do we have to dramatically improve people’s lives just by doing our job a little better?”  ― Steve Krug