[CTCAccess] March/April Newsletter

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Wed Apr 11 17:43:56 PDT 2018

CTCAccess (belated) March/April Newsletter

Apologies for the delay - it has been a chaotic couple of months. I hope this newsletter finds you well and your Spring quarter has begun with a smooth start!

The goal of this listserv is to share accessibility related announcements, events, tips/tricks, resources, and success stories to those interested (no matter your role). A newsletter will be sent to members of the listserv monthly. This newsletter is a digest of posts from the shiny, newish AccessWA blog<http://accesswa.blog>.

Suggested Read: When Accessibility Doesn't Make It into the EDUCAUSE Top 10: Turn It Up to 11<https://accesswa.blog/2018/03/13/suggested-read-2/>
I'm excited to announce that an article written by Amy Rovner (Shoreline), Tom Gibbons (previously at Bates and South Seattle), and myself (SBCTC) has been published in EDUCAUSE Review: When Accessibility Doesn't Make It into the EDUCAUSE Top 10: Turn It Up to 11 We wrote this article to draw attention to the fact that ... Continue reading<https://accesswa.blog/2018/03/13/suggested-read-2/>

Accessibility Webinar Recordings & Resources<https://accesswa.blog/2018/03/16/webinar-recordings-resources/>
I'm really excited to report that we had over 600 people from Washington State higher education institutions and government agencies register for the Lunchtime Accessibility Webinar series! For anyone that missed the webinars or wants to revisit them, the recordings and resources for all seven webinars are now available: Accessibility Basics Accessibility Basics Recording Accessibility ... Continue reading<https://accesswa.blog/2018/03/16/webinar-recordings-resources/>

A Whirlwind Tour of A11y Conferences<https://accesswa.blog/2018/04/11/a-whirlwind-tour-of-a11y-conferences/>
It's conference season. Combine the dramatically changing weather with the weekly jaunt to another time zone/state/county, and, if you're like me, you celebrate coming out at the end of it all having not lost a phone charger, your favorite sweatshirt, or your sanity (or all three). So, in hopes of rooting myself back into my ... Continue reading<https://accesswa.blog/2018/04/11/a-whirlwind-tour-of-a11y-conferences/>

Quick Tip: Tables in Canvas<https://accesswa.blog/2018/04/11/quick-tip-table-in-canvas/>
While attending the WACC conference over spring break, I sat in on a workshop led by the amazing and talented accessibility mavens, Amy Rover (of Shoreline) and Dawn Hawley (of Bellingham Technical College) about how to make Canvas courses more accessible. Towards the end of the workshop, Amy led us into the always oh-so-fun (not) ... Continue reading<https://accesswa.blog/2018/04/11/quick-tip-table-in-canvas/>

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/> |https://accesswa.blog/
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!