[corrections_edu_it] Asset Tags

John Michel jmichel at sbctc.edu
Fri Apr 5 09:57:29 PDT 2024

Good morning, everyone,
The SBCTC Asset tags should be arriving in the next few business days. I made sure to compare the number of tags I sent out to each site with the number of laptops and docking stations that SBCTC ordered. For teams that support multiple sites (WCC+CCCC, CBCC+OCC), I included both sites in the same package.
For placement of the asset tag, I'll try and get a picture out once I can get one. We are looking to make the placement the same at each site to help with inventorying, as discussed at the weekly meeting. This location is going to be on the bottom of the laptop, near the ports on the machine. Brandon mentioned that there is a recessed area that would help prevent the tag from rubbing against things. This is also close to where the Serial Number should be located on the laptop which should help with inventory work having them near each other.
Let me know if you have any questions,

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
John Michel
Senior Support Engineer / Corrections Education
jmichel at sbctc.edu<mailto:jmichel at sbctc.edu> * c: 253-549-1974
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/>