[CATO] [EXTERNAL] - More accessibility legislation proposed

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Tue Oct 3 09:49:25 PDT 2023

Hi all,

This is the response I received from Mary Lou Mobley yesterday about Duckworth's bill and the DOJ's notice of proposed rulemaking.

"The two efforts are running in parallel, but not dependent on one another. Either, none, or both could eventually make it into law. If both do, then I think there might be some need to harmonize them for Title II-covered entities, and publish new NPRMs to cover employers, public accommodations, and commercial providers.

This could be an interesting year!"

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

•Email: molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • Phone: 360-704-3922

The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.

Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/bookwithme/misc/CalendarPerson20px.png]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/321a279c65664c04a18fa34a96e959ab@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/321a279c65664c04a18fa34a96e959ab@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>