[BLC] Please Join Us - Alliance Annual Meeting, October 4-6, 2023

Valerie Sundby vsundby at sbctc.edu
Thu Jul 20 13:41:26 PDT 2023

Colleagues,

As the state representative for Washington and Meeting Chair for the Alliance Executive Committee, I want to invite you to join me at the upcoming Alliance Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting will be taking place October 4-6, 2023 in Tacoma, WA, and I hope that you can register<https://www.wiche.edu/collaboration-leadership/western-alliance-of-community-college-academic-leaders/2023-alliance-annual-meeting/> to join us. This year’s theme is Trailblazing a New Pathway: Challenging Assumptions about Community Colleges and we are looking forward to sessions around working with staff and faculty, educating justice-impacted students, prior learning assessment, strategies for working with our partners from four-year institutions, and more.

I’ve pasted a bit more information about WICHE and The Alliance below my signature line.  I hope you can join us as an attendee and in sharing the amazing work that you and your colleagues are undertaking. Given that the Washington is serving as the host of this year’s annual meeting, it is a great opportunity to take advantage of local professional development and network building! Early registration ends August 18 and WICHE has updated their pricing this year. (Hint: it makes financial sense to join The Alliance if you are planning to send more than one person to the conference, the member rate is highly discounted)

Feel free to reach out with any question and I hope to see many of you there representing Washington’s amazing CTC system.

Best,
Val

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
Valerie Sundby, Ed.D.
Director of Transfer Education
vsundby at sbctc.edu<mailto:vsundby at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-4338 • c: 360-972-0872
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>

More About WICHE and the Alliance:

The Western Alliance of Community College Academic Leaders<https://www.wiche.edu/collaboration-leadership/western-alliance-of-community-college-academic-leaders/> (Alliance) is a membership organization that serves as an incubator for collaborating and problem-solving among chief academic officers (or equivalent) at WICHE-region community colleges and technical schools, related systems, and state coordinating and governing boards.  You do not need to join our membership organization to attend the annual meeting, but I hope that the peer-driven, collaborative, and intimate gathering will encourage you to engage with us more formally.
Even if you are unfamiliar with the Alliance, you are likely familiar with WICHE.

Since 1955, Washington<https://www.wiche.edu/our-region/washington/> has partnered with and benefited from WICHE through regional collaboration, resource-sharing, sound public policy, and innovation. Your students have saved millions of dollars through Student Access programs like WUE and PSEP. You may also be familiar with WICHE’s policy work through the publication of Knocking at the College Door<https://knocking.wiche.edu/> which is the leading U.S. resource for projections of college-ready students. Knocking, which includes a quadrennial publication with additional analysis, is essential for postsecondary policymakers, planning and workforce efforts, and economic development. While the Alliance’s immediate goal is to supporting collaboration and problem solving among chief academic officers, it supports WICHE’s greater mission of working collaboratively to expand educational access and excellence for all residents of the West to strengthen higher education’s contributions to the region’s social, economic, and civic life.