[Wsssc] Updates and Introduction to Jamie Traugott

Jamie Traugott jtraugott at sbctc.edu
Fri May 31 11:06:11 PDT 2024

Happy Friday WSSSC!

Two updates for you-

  1.  Title IX 2.0 Save the Dates-webinar links haven't been sent out yet but will send once available. For now, make sure you have these dates on your calendar -

  *   June 12, 2024 - 10 a.m.  Model Rules Introduction
  *   July 9, 2024 - 10 a.m.  Emergency Rulemaking

  1.  Hot topics are canceled per your request, and we will reconvene/reassess this fall.

Jamie's Official Introduction to WSSSC
As most of you know we have had some changes to SBCTC's organizational structure, and I am reaching out as your new SBCTC liaison to WSSSC. I want to express how honored and excited I am to support this amazing group of leaders. I also want to acknowledge this tough and emotional transition, coupled with the chaos of spring quarter. Relationships were built and trust was established. I do recognize these challenges ahead and am sensitive to them. My hope is that we can spend this year getting to know each other better and find our rhythm. As we approach summer, I hope to connect with you all individually to learn what you need from me and to better understand your commission.

A little bit about me as a professional and a human-

My passion has always lived in student services. Prior to my policy work at SBCTC, I've spent 15 years in higher education. Mostly serving in director roles, my portfolio consists of academic advising, career development, financial aid outreach, placement, transfer, dual credit, and K12 partnerships. I feel lucky to have worked at Wenatchee Valley College, Pierce College, Tacoma Community College, and University of Michigan-Flint. I am a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer that served as a Health Educator in Albania. I received my B.A. in Psychology from Western Washington University and M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration from George Fox University.

Personally, I am originally from New Mexico but now call the Northwest my home. I live in Oly with my husband, 6-year-old son Theo and 2-year-old daughter Emma. I love travel, cats, books, and camping in our travel trailer.

Should you need it, my cell is 509-630-1684

Cheers!

[cid:image004.png at 01DAB34A.8AF86F60][cid:image003.png at 01DAB33F.0A23A270]