[Wsssc] FW: Gainful Employment and Financial Value Transparency (GE/FVT): Update on the injunction pausing 150% rule

Edith Abbenhaus eabbenhaus at sbctc.edu
Thu Jul 11 17:02:36 PDT 2024

From: Summer Kenesson <skenesson at sbctc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2024 5:00 PM
Subject: Gainful Employment and Financial Value Transparency (GE/FVT): Update on the injunction pausing 150% rule

Hello-

The Department of Education has published a statement reflecting the federal court injunction temporarily halting the 150% program length rule change:

Temporary Injunction on Program Length Regulations | Knowledge Center<https://fsapartners.ed.gov/knowledge-center/library/electronic-announcements/2024-07-03/temporary-injunction-program-length-regulations>

The language used in this notification suggests that colleges can reasonably consider pausing work on identifying potentially affected programs, and certainly on implementing any curricular changes to program length for fall quarter. This does not change the work that we are doing at the SBCTC to continue to identify programs that could be affected if the injunction does not stand, but it does create a more reasonable timeline and eliminates immediate concerns for fall enrollments. If the injunction does not stand and a new deadline for program length changes is implemented, we will reach out to colleges promptly with guidance and support.

Note also that this does not affect the Gainful Employment and Financial Value Transparency reporting requirement for October 1. That reporting also includes the licensure and certification success rates for programs that prepare students for those (whether state, federal or industry specific). With that in mind, we distributed a survey to collect information about those programs, so please continue to complete that survey. We will also use that to make sure we have a comprehensive list of programs that may need support if the 150% rule change does go forward.
. If you have any questions about GE/FVT reporting or the injunction for the 150% rule, please reach out to Summer Kenesson<mailto:skenesson at sbctc.edu>, SBCTC Director of Policy Research.

Thanks
Summer Kenesson

[cid:image001.png at 01DAD3B3.C35D4F90]