[Wsssc] OSPI Bulletin on Summer Running Start

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Fri May 19 10:34:51 PDT 2023

From: RStart <rstart-bounces at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:rstart-bounces at lists.ctc.edu>> On Behalf Of Tim McClain via RStart
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2023 10:24 AM
To: Jamie Traugott via RStart <rstart at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:rstart at lists.ctc.edu>>
Subject: [Rstart] OSPI Bulletin 027-23 on Summer Running Start

Good Morning,

I know there has been much anticipation of information on summer Running Start, and I am pleased to inform you that Bulletin 027-23 (attached) and related materials are now available on the OSPI Bulletins webpage<https://www.k12.wa.us/about-ospi/bulletinsmemos/bulletins/2023>.

We are currently finalizing the updated RSEVF for the 2023-2024 school year to account for the increase to 1.4 FTE pursuant to SHB 1316<https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Year=2023&BillNumber=1316> and expect to share that next week with a more detailed bulletin to follow. Until the updated form is available, you may use the existing RSEVF, but you are encouraged to wait to complete fall quarter RSEVFs for students intending to take advantage of the additional FTE. Updated RSEVFs for students exceeding 1.2 AAFTE will need to be resubmitted.

Here, again, are the details on the summer Running Start bulletin now available. We sincerely appreciate your patience, grace, and service to our students! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or the contacts listed in the bulletin if you have any questions.

Bulletin 027-23
Re: Summer Quarter Running Start for Current Students, Including Class of 2023 Graduates
Summary: In an effort to expand equitable access to dual credit consistent with Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction’s (OSPI) priority of providing rigorous learner-centered options in every community, rule changes have been proposed and state investments have been made to provide access to Running Start funds for the 2023 summer quarter. Bulletin No. 027-23 provides information on student eligibility to participate in summer quarter Running Start and requirements and procedures for enrollment reporting by local education agencies and institutions of higher education.
Key Audiences: School, school district, local education agency, college, and university staff associated with Running Start or dual credit programs, more generally.

The link to the bulletins page is https://www.k12.wa.us/about-ospi/bulletinsmemos/bulletins/2023 and the direct link to the bulletin is https://www.k12.wa.us/sites/default/files/public/bulletinsmemos/bulletins2023/Bulletin_027-23.pdf.

Thank You,
Tim McClain

[Title: Visit the OSPI website]<https://www.k12.wa.us/>
Tim McClain, M.S.Ed. (he/him)
Dual Credit Program Supervisor
Secondary Education and Pathway Preparation
Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D98A39.EB12B120]<https://www.k12.wa.us/about-ospi/contact-us>[cid:image003.jpg at 01D98A39.EB12B120]<https://www.facebook.com/waospi>[cid:image004.jpg at 01D98A39.EB12B120]<https://www.twitter.com/waospi>[cid:image005.jpg at 01D98A39.EB12B120]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC4CWbl9Nfs7td0bF1dZxrA>[cid:image006.jpg at 01D98A39.EB12B120]<https://medium.com/waospi>[cid:image007.jpg at 01D98A39.EB12B120]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/waospi>[cid:image008.jpg at 01D98A39.EB12B120]<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/WAOSPI/subscriber/new>

How am I doing? Please respond to a short customer service survey<https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6721776/Secondary-Education-and-Pathway-Preparation-SEPP>.

All students prepared for postsecondary pathways, careers, and civic engagement.