[Wsssc] Implementation Workgroup for Anti-Hazing Bill HB 1751

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Thu Mar 24 13:40:04 PDT 2022

Colleagues: House Bill 1751, the anti-hazing bill, is on the Governor's desk, waiting for his signature. We anticipate that will happen  in the next week. We are thinking of forming a short-duration workgroup composed of WSSSC, HRMC, and possibly Campus Safety, to develop implementation guidelines. The bill touches on several areas closely related to your portfolios, including student conduct, athletics, residence life, and student organizations, among others. If you or a member of your staff would be interested in serving on the workgroup, if formed, please let me know before the April WSSSC Zoom call.

Thanks!

Joe

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."