[Wsssc] Guidance Document for Implementing HB 1751 Anti-Hazing Bill

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Wed Jun 22 16:21:44 PDT 2022

WSSSC: as promised, attached is the finalized guidance document for implementing House Bill 1751, "Sam's Law," the hazing prevention and reduction act. There are several requirements in the bill that each college will need to meet, some of which must be accomplished by fall term. Please review this document as soon as possible to familiarize yourself with the requirements.

In regard to the anti-hazing education requirement for students, as indicated on the guidance document, you will have the option of using the anti-hazing course included in Get Inclusive's course catalog, beginning July 1.

If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me, or check with your college's Assistant Attorney General.

We are deeply indebted to the members of the implementation workgroup, who are listed in the Appendix.

Joe

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."