[Wsssc] FW: Community College Health Survey

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Wed Oct 6 14:00:48 PDT 2021

Colleagues: FYI below, a webinar update and opportunity to join the community college health survey project. See entire thread for a refresher on what I sent out to this list in July.)

 Joe

COMMUNITY COLLEGE HEALTH STUDY: Join our webinar to learn how you can be part of a study to promote your students' health and wellness!

While community college students make up nearly half of all U.S. undergraduates, they are often overlooked by public health research. The Community College Health Study intends to change that. Our team of researchers recently received NIH funding to conduct a large, national study to better understand how to improve the sexual and relationship health of community college students and prevent sexual assault (www.cchealthstudy.com<http://www.cchealthstudy.com>).

We are currently looking for community colleges from across the U.S. that would be interested in offering their students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to take part in this study. We will recruit sixty-seven students from each campus to complete a web-based sexual health program and a few online questionnaires. Additionally, two faculty or administrators from each campus will be asked to review a sexual health program and provide feedback. All components of the study can be completed online and will take place outside of class time. Participants will receive a financial incentive for completing study tasks. Colleges will receive opportunities to learn more about the sexual and relationship health of their students and how to provide the resources students need to thrive!

If you are a community college administrator or faculty/staff member and you are interested in learning more, please join us for an informational webinar on October 14th at 12pm EST. We will share more details about the study and some next steps for how your college can get involved. Please register for the webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7271859162309479439. Additionally, if you have any questions or would prefer to discuss the study in a virtual meeting, please email our Project Director, Dr. Reina Evans-Paulson, at: CCHStudy at irtinc.us<mailto:CCHStudy at irtinc.us>.