[Wsssc] Student Eligibility for CRRSA Emergency Aid

Orchard, Sue sorchard at lcc.ctc.edu
Thu Jan 28 14:57:02 PST 2021

Hi all-

Sending this on behalf of Aaron Reader, who's having listserv issues.

Sue

Hello Colleagues,
Joe, thank you for your earlier email. I intended for this email to go out yesterday. I am wondering if any of you have a strong understanding of what to expect with this next round of CARES funding, specifically in regards to eligibility. It seems as though the balance between interpretation and facts are getting mixed once again.  In earlier discussions, NASFAA's webinar provided additional guidance (based on their questions to DOE).  In which it was clarified that undocumented, International and DACA are NOT eligible for this 2nd round of emergency aid.

In contrast, discussions from WSAC state something different, "The COVID bill from December granted billions of dollars to higher ed, and requires schools to apply some of that money to emergency grants for students. And, best news of all - undocumented students and other students not eligible for federal financial aid can qualify for that funding!"

As I prepare to discuss this with our CARES Funding team, it would be great to have a clear understanding.  If anyone has recent and clear information, please share.

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Reader, MA
Vice President, Student Services