[Wsssc] Student Absence for Reasons of Faith or Conscience

Matthew Campbell MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu
Tue Feb 16 16:25:19 PST 2021

Both! 😉 One role at Pierce, so they ultimately go to the VP of Learning & Student Success.

Policy, forms, etc. are included at this link: https://www.pierce.ctc.edu/policy-faith-conscience

I don’t believe we’ve every denied one and it be rare that we would, though this helps us track and support the student. We’ve not (yet) gone back to review the policy for unnecessary barriers or bias.

Kind regards,
Matt

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D. (he/him/his)
Vice President, Learning & Student Success
Pierce College Puyallup