[Wsssc] Aim Higher Train-the-Trainer Year 2

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Mon Apr 5 14:44:51 PDT 2021

Colleagues: this message is being sent broadly to Student Services groups-Joe

Dear Student Services and Financial Aid Colleagues:

Last year, SBCTC Executive Director Jan Yoshiwara contacted you to let you know that we were collaborating with the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) and our partners at the public and independent 4-year institutions to launch a Train-the-Trainer initiative. The initiative seeks to leverage the dramatic increase in college affordability created by the new Washington College Grant, and to help prospective students of all ages and their families to complete financial aid applications. I am excited to tell you now that we have embarked on Year 2 of this initiative, Aim Higher Washington's 2021 Training Series<http://www.wsac.wa.gov/aim-higher-training> (see attached PDF). You can also find more information about the larger Aim Higher Washington initiative at www.wsac.wa.gov/aim-higher<http://www.wsac.wa.gov/aim-higher>.

You may have already heard from a member of the Aim Higher Washington Training Series Steering Group (a list of Steering Group members is also attached to this email) as we implement this year's action plan, which will include a new round of trainings, strategy sessions, and increasing involvement of community-based organizations as we spread free training, tools, and support for students throughout Washington communities. Aim Higher Washington's work is highly consistent with our vision and strategic goals for equity, enrollment, and student success for our colleges.

If you wish to connect or re-connect to this effort, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at jholliday at sbctc.edu<mailto:jholliday at sbctc.edu>, or Yokiko Hayashi-Saguil, SBCTC Student Services Policy Associate yhayashi-saguil at sbctc.edu<mailto:yhayashi-saguil at sbctc.edu>. We have a robust schedule of activities starting in mid-April and more information, as well as training registration, is available at www.wsac.wa.gov/aim-higher-training<http://www.wsac.wa.gov/aim-higher-training>.

We hope you'll consider sharing this opportunity and registration information throughout your campuses and communities. Thank you!

[cid:image005.png at 01D72A2A.3E931AA0]

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."