[Wsssc] Leadership Change at Clark

Belden, William WBelden at clark.edu
Thu Oct 15 14:59:00 PDT 2020

Colleagues,

I want to start by saying what a joy and honor it is to work with all of you and to represent Clark College at this commission. My proudest professional moments have been shared with so many of you and I have come to think of you as my extended family. Coming together over the spring and summer have helped me to stay sane and to navigate the difficult moments of COVID-19 and the many pressures we face every day. The personal and professional relationships I have formed with you will help sustain me as I transition to my next professional opportunity.

As we have experienced before, new presidents make leadership changes as they onboard. I find myself in this uncomfortable situation - I have been notified Clark College will be naming a new vice president of Student Affairs. The new person will be transitioning into this role over the next few weeks – I will be transitioning out of my current role by October 30. While I will remain at Clark College through the end of December, I will be focused on completing projects while also doing my best to support a smooth transition. I plan to attend the last WSSSC meeting in October.

I am honored to have served in this role for the past 10 years and to have walked this journey with all of you. While I did not choose to depart the college, I am going to make the most of my brief hiatus to focus on my family, my health, and completing my dissertation. I do not know my next career move – and will take some time and space to consider my options.

I am providing my personal email address (wdbelden at comcast.net) and hope that you will keep in touch. I want to stay engaged in higher education and policy work and hope to remain in the WA community and technical college system.

I want to wish you success in the endeavors ahead and want you to know that I will miss working with you,

Bill

William Belden
Vice President of Student Affairs
Clark College