[Wsssc] FW: Upcoming AFT WA/Communities for Our Colleges Event: Our Students, Our Colleges, Our Future Townhall

Luca Lewis llewis at whatcom.edu
Thu Nov 12 15:30:55 PST 2020

Good Afternoon Colleagues,

Have your student life offices received this message or one similar to it from AFT? If so, how are you responding?

Thank you,

Luca

Luca E. Lewis, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Services
Whatcom Community College
237 West Kellogg Road | Bellingham, WA 98226
P: 360.383.3076
F: 360.383.4000

This e-mail and any files transmitted may contain confidential information as protected by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), 20 USC § 1232g and/or Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. § 2510-2521. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited. Furthermore, if you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by telephone or return e-mail and completely delete this message from your system.

Greetings WCC students,

Please see below for an amazing opportunity to engage with students and faculty at colleges all over the state at an upcoming townhall event focused on where colleges in Washington are and are going. This is taking place at 3:30pm on 11/17/20.

Our Students, Our Colleges, Our Future
On November 17th, Students, faculty, and staff from WA's Community & Technical Colleges are coming together in a historic meeting to build relationships, share struggles, and organize. We're building power to mobilize against budget cuts and push for investments in our low income and communities of color, students, and the education workforce.

Sign up here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcsduyprTwuEtO_nS0no6zgY7qAmYulcLMZ