[Wsssc] Updates from Thursday Call

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Fri May 22 09:04:00 PDT 2020

Happy Friday, WSSSC-ers! I hope you get some down time over this (theoretically) long weekend.

Some brief updates I promised you on our call yesterday:

Student Services return to campus: the current thinking is that student services in general will be allowed back to campuses in phase three (gatherings of 50 or fewer people), approximately July, assuming that PPE and social distancing protocols are in place.

OSPI/SBCTC joint letter to graduating HS seniors: there has been a delay in sending the letter, but it should go out early next week. I will let you know when it is sent.

Summer Running Start funding: the Governor's Office has not agreed to fund this but appears to be asking OSPI to fund it with their share of emergency funds. We are monitoring this closely and understand the urgency.

Title IX rules/guidance: I have reached out to Dave Stolier and Bruce Marvin, still waiting for an update.

                             [Joe]

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."