[Wsssc] SEAG and SSEH Updates

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Thu Feb 13 09:06:52 PST 2020

Colleagues: I am sharing a brief update from Erin Frasier on the Emergency Assistance Grant (SEAG) and Homeless Student (SSEH) pilot programs created by the 2019 Legislature and coordinated by our Workforce Education Department. Sixteen of our colleges participate in SEAG, and four participate in SSEH. Let me know if you need more information.

SEAG Data and Learning Community - A draft excel spreadsheet has been developed for SEAG colleges to collect data for the legislative reports that are due annually by Dec. 1. We provided this to the colleges this week and walked through the metrics with them. Colleges will need to collect all the information at their level, however Travis (SBCTC Policy Research) is willing to help us work with the data once we get it. We will need to update the Key to include descriptions of where they or their IR researchers should get some of the data out of SMS and ctcLink.

SSEH Data and Learning Community - a meeting of the learning community was held at Yakima Valley College for the SSEH colleges. They are in the process of reviewing shared metrics for data collection, which is taking a little bit of a different process than SEAG since they must coordinate with the 4-year institutions.

                             [Joe]