[Wsssc] Staffing Update in Student Support Programs

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Wed Dec 2 09:13:37 PST 2020

Colleagues:

SBCTC Policy Associate for Student Support Programs, Dr. Erin Frasier, has accepted a new role outside of the system as the Assistant Executive Secretary for the Washington State Building and Construction Trades Council. Her new role includes a focus on apprenticeship pathways and Erin will still continue to connect with our agency on initiatives that connect our students to apprenticeship. We are excited for her new journey and eager for her to have this opportunity to continue to advance policy around the same core values she has helped established in the Student Support Programs within our system, which consists of WorkFirst, BFET, ABAWD, SEAG and SSEH. She will be missed.

Student Support Programs staff member Jennifer Dellinger has been appointed as interim Policy Associate in Erin's place as we make this transition and seek to fill the position permanently. Jennifer has over 12 years' experience in higher education and been working with Erin closely over the last 4 years on initiatives, policies and implementation that support access to training, holistic supports and helping students obtain self-sufficiency. Thank you, Jennifer for stepping into this role, we know you will help us to make this transition seamless for our agency staff, stakeholders, and the system.
Additionally, we are currently seeking to fill the Education Coordinator (Student Support Integration) position within the Student Support Programs Team. The position supports the colleges, community-based organizations and State Board by strengthening integration and assisting with program administration for the Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET), WorkFirst, ABAWD Navigation and other student supports programs. The application period closes December 14th. Please help us share this great opportunity. You can view the job posting here: https://hcprd.ctclink.us/psc/tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
Thank you for your continued support as we move through these significant transitions. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

                             [Joe]

"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."