[Wsssc] [EXTERNAL] CARES Act application and funding

Luca Lewis llewis at whatcom.edu
Mon Apr 13 12:34:03 PDT 2020

We are in the process of re-building ours. We've also relied on established research and guidance from NASPA<https://www.naspa.org/files/dmfile/Emergency_Aid_Report.pdf> and the Hope Center<https://hope4college.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/BTFP_COVID19_EmergencyAid.pdf> for rapid disbursement of emergency funds to students. Following our discussions with College leadership, at the heart of this process is rapid, large scale deployment of funds to students, reducing as many internal equity barriers as possible, and building in assessment and evaluation measures that are not over-burdensome for staff.

Luca

Luca E. Lewis, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Services
Whatcom Community College
237 West Kellogg Road | Bellingham, WA 98226
P: 360.383.3076