[Wsssc] WSSSC Executive Committee Candidates

Matthew Campbell MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Apr 27 12:13:29 PDT 2020

Dear WSSSCers,

As we approach the Spring meeting (which would have been held this week!), it is that time in the year when we identify a slate of candidates for the executive officers of the commission. Generally, we have two positions on the exec board that are already “set” – president (which is the existing vice president, Sue Orchard) and the immediate past-president (current president, Jessica Gilmore English) – so we’re off to a great start!

The remaining officers we need include the vice president, treasurer, and secretary. There are additional at-large positions that are appointed by the incoming president; and we generally wait until we have the core team identified as those appointments may help achieve more equitable representation on the exec team. We ask that the treasurer serve in the role for two years for consistency.

If you are interested in pursuing one of these leadership roles, please kindly respond to this email<mailto:mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu?subject=WSSSC%20Executive%20Board> and I can help fill you in on duties, expectations, fringe benefits, and the like. Details are also available in the WSSSC Constitution<https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/wsssc/wsssc_constitution.docx> (link downloads as a Word document). Please indicate the position in which you are most interested, whether one of the specific roles (secretary/treasurer/vice president), at large, or no preference.

Please note: your level of experience or seniority are absolutely not requirements for these roles. Indeed, “fresh” perspectives and diversity of thought are hallmarks of a strong team and a healthy organization; and we need broad participation to guide the commission effectively.

According to the Constitution, it is my role as the illustrious past-president (“immediate” no longer seems accurate) to chair a nominating committee that will build the slate. If you are not interested in pursuing an executive committee role, but would like to be involved in pressuring your colleagues to do so, please let me know. This is probably the shortest committee assignment you can take in WA state but it will undoubtedly round out your CV!

Kind regards,
Matt

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D. (he/him/his)

Vice President, Learning & Student Success

Pierce College Puyallup

p:

253.840.8419

a:

1601 39th Ave SE, Puyallup, WA 98374<x-apple-data-detectors://1/2>

w:

www.pierce.ctc.edu<http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/> e: mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu>

[pierce college logo]
     TOP 5 Community College in the Nation
[aspen prize for community college excellence rising star 2019 logo and achieving the dream leader college of distinction logo]