[Wsssc] HOPE Center RealCollege Survey Results Release in Spring

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Wed Oct 23 14:39:33 PDT 2019

Colleagues: I know not all of you are involved in this (though 28 of you are!), but I wanted to get your guidance on Liz Looker's questions below about timing and coordination on a media release of our state results. Our PIO suggests we go with February 25 (the day before the WACTC meeting) or March 3. We haven't thought yet about a media release, although we have a good relationship with the Seattle Times higher education writer. Your thoughts on that are welcome as well.

Looking forward to your comments.

Joe

>From Liz Looker, HOPE Center:
I would like to check in about your system's report and see when it will be a good time to release the report this spring. For an example of a system report, please see the City University of New York (CUNY)<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hope4college.com_wp-2Dcontent_uploads_2019_03_HOPE-5Frealcollege-5FCUNY-5Freport-5Ffinal-5Fwebversion.pdf&d=DwMFaQ&c=4BTEw-1msHjOY4ITcFLmDM6JB8x6ZgbU2J24IH0HZLU&r=_kLZNx9i29O13w52Wlk9WVnis5PXy_FA36FhhZBIe1g&m=nFlv5aQbsNb-IM7saf3jRuSgCMsiDGf2Z0zsRNPcZmI&s=ORoac5NW7BbO_6d8y5mmn0Wk5SuOziLGBomYtSpgGVQ&e=> report from March 2019. We would like to work with you to plan on a specific date between February 10 and March 27 to release the Washington State Community and Technical Colleges report, particularly if you are working on an event in coordination with the report release. We would like to coordinate with you for three reasons:
1) we can plan to have your system report ready,
2) we can support your efforts through media outreach,
3) we can minimize overlap between different systems' report releases.
Could you let me know if you have plans for a report release and/or how I can help?

                             [Joe]