[Wsssc] WSSSC Winter Meeting 2019

Matthew Campbell MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu
Fri Jan 4 14:55:23 PST 2019

Happy New Year! As we kick off January, it means we are less than a month away from our Winter Meeting! This year, you’ll be travelling to Centralia where you’ll be greeted with up to two-and-a-half days packed with discussion and camaraderie with your commission colleagues.

Key things to know about the Winter Meeting:

  1.  It’s in Centralia (you probably already knew that, but some people skip to the good stuff and miss important information in the introduction).
  2.  It’s happening on 30 January – 1 February.
  3.  The first day has two focus meetings, the exec committee meeting, and dinner to which all are invited.
     *   We are coordinating a meeting for NWAC as we have in the past (currently scheduled from 12-2pm)
     *   We are coordinating a meeting for Corrections-Supporting Colleges (currently scheduled from 2-4pm, though this could change depending on response)
  4.  We have a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Chehalis; details below under “Hotel & College Info” (you’ll also find a coveted parking permit attached!)
  5.  Super big thanks to Nicole Silva and Robert Cox for the efforts in organizing and facilitating all of the meeting logistics!
  6.  Agenda will be sent soon; finishing touches being added. If you need details promptly, please let me know.

Questions for YOU:

  1.  What are key legal topics you would like to see addressed by the assistant attorney general??
  2.  Are there any emergent/pressing professional development topics for which you would like to see time allocated in order to learn and discuss? (Looking for potential topics for winter, spring, and/or summer meetings).

Other interesting details:

  1.  In response to some of our conversations at the Fall meeting, we are adjusting the structure of this meeting a bit to incorporate more discourse and face-to-face worktime aimed at more fully integrating our daily work, our commission work, and our professional worlds. There may be some pre-work to help prepare.
  2.  SBCTC will present some of its information in document form prior to the meeting. Rather than the traditional, more formal SBCTC Report, it will be a combination of those documents and an integrated time for more focused input and discussion.
  3.  David Pelkey has been busy setting up a WSSSC Canvas Page. More to come.
  4.  Watch your email for Doodle Polls for attendance and meal RSVPs!
  5.  If you haven’t, please assure that you have paid your annual dues! Chio has been reaching out ….you know who you are! ☺
  6.  If you have key topics that need to be discussed, particularly from Councils or other workgroups/task forces/committees, please let us know in advance so we can assure the agenda will allow sufficient time for careful consideration.

Hotel & College Info:
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
730 NW Liberty Pl.
Chehalis, WA 98532
Phone: 360-740-1800

Block name: “ WSSSC 2019 “
Block cutoff date: 1/18/19.

Booking Link:
WSSSC 2019-Chehalis Holiday Inn Express & Suites<https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/chehalis/seach/hoteldetail/events-facilities?newRedirect=true&qIta=99801505&icdv=99801505&qSlH=SEACH&qGrpCd=WS1&setPMCookies=true&qDest=730%20NW%20Liberty%20Place,%20Chehalis,%20WA,%20US&srb_u=1>
Entering your stay dates and selecting your room should function as usual using the above link.

The WSSSC Meeting will be held primarily in TAC 105B in the TransAlta Commons Building.
Meetings on Wednesday will be held in the Hanson Boardroom C in the Hanson Building.

Thanks!
Matt

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D. (he/him/his)

Vice President, Learning & Student Success

Pierce College Puyallup

p:

253.840.8419

a:

1601 39th Ave SE, Puyallup, WA 98374<x-apple-data-detectors://1/2>

w:

www.pierce.ctc.edu<http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/> e: mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:bbenedetti at pierce.ctc.edu>

[https://www.pierce.ctc.edu/sites/default/files/PC-logo-email.png]

[aspenprizetop10_2019-smaller (002)][AtD-Logo-smaller]