[Wsssc] Grade Appeal Process

Flores, Chio cflores at wvc.edu
Wed Feb 13 12:50:46 PST 2019

Greetings all, I hope you are having a great Wednesday so far!  I had a question on how you deal with grade appeals.

We are reviewing our grade appeal policy in the effort to formalize the process.  We currently don't publish information about the due process but informally students are typically encouraged to 1) meet with their professor 2) if they are not comfortable in doing so or have and found no resolution, they should meet with the Dean and 3) if neither results in resolution, they can meet with the VPI.

There is general agreement that a student should be able to present their case to ARC, the Academic Regulations Committee, if the student has taken the steps above and is not satisfied with the outcome.   Concerns has been expressed that if we find fault, we should not override a faculty member's grade but rather offer a recommendation.

Do you have a process that differs?  If so, would you be willing to share?

I have related questions with how you manage program dismissal cases (i.e., Nursing) but will save this for another day:)

Thanks,

Chio
Maria "Chio" Flores, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services & Enrollment Management
She/her/hers pronouns
Wenatchee Valley College
1300 Fifth Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
cflores at wvc.edu<mailto:cflores at wvc.edu>
509.682.6805 (work)
509.682.6402 (fax)
www.wvc.edu<http://www.wvc.edu/>

Per Washington State law, this e-mail communication may be subject to public disclosure. Unauthorized review, use or disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and promptly delete the message. Thank you