[Wsssc] 2020 Census Campaign

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Tue Apr 2 10:13:49 PDT 2019

Colleagues: I am staffing Jan Yoshiwara's participation in the Washington Counts 2020 "Complete Count Committee" that aims to get maximum participation in the upcoming 2020 Census. Of particular concern are the potential negative effects for federal funding - in a wide range of areas - for Washington State if there is significant undercounting, especially of individuals from non-dominant race, ethnicity, and income groups who make up a significant portion of our student population.

Jan has asked me to develop a plan for our colleges' participation in the Complete Count campaign. I will be attending a meeting of the Committee on April 10 to learn more of the work and our role in it. In the meantime, I am reaching out to you to see if any of you are already involved in or planning something related to the 2020 Census.

Please let me know if you can share anything you are doing along these lines, and stay tuned for an update from me after the April 10 meeting. Thank you.

                             [Joe]