[Wsssc] Academic Dishonesty

Orchard, Sue sorchard at lcc.ctc.edu
Mon May 28 07:02:18 PDT 2018

Hi Chio

Academic Dishonesty<https://lowercolumbia.edu/publications/academic-standards-operational-guidelines/academic-dishonesty.php> is part of our code of student conduct, but we handle it a bit differently in that the faculty addresses it with the student and assigns the sanction (e.g. failing grade on assignment) and then alerts the VPSS. If it's a first reported offense, we send a warning letter but if there are repeat reports, we may initiate the code of conduct process. The intent is to approach incidents of academic dishonesty from an educational perspective before moving into disciplinary actions.

Best,
Sue

Sue Orchard, PsyD
Vice President of Student Services