[Wsssc] Residence Hall Alcohol & Drug Policy

Flores, Chio cflores at wvc.edu
Thu Jan 18 13:55:10 PST 2018

Greetings all!

If you offer student housing, can you please share your policy relating to how you handle situations that involve either possession or evidence of alcohol and drugs on the premises?  I am particularly interested in whether the drugs are disposed by a campus official and/or if the standard protocol is to contact the police in all cases.  WVC has an established disciplinary process for residents who have violated residence hall policies.  Sometimes this might overlap with our student code of conduct process and of course, has Clery reporting implications.  I have a new Safety & Security person who doesn't have higher education experience in this area and is eager to make changes.

Best,

Chio
Maria "Chio" Flores, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services & Enrollment Management
Wenatchee Valley College
1300 Fifth Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801
cflores at wvc.edu<mailto:cflores at wvc.edu>