[Wsssc] Question on College Catalog

Blakeney, Erin eblakeney at cascadia.edu
Tue Mar 14 13:57:03 PDT 2017

Cascadia's responses are below:

Erin Blakeney
Dean for Student Success Services
eblakeney at cascadia.edu<mailto:eblakeney at cascadia.edu>  |  425.352.8534  |  www.cascadia.edu<http://www.cascadia.edu/>

[logo_email_sig]

From: wsssc [mailto:wsssc-bounces at lists.ctc.edu] On Behalf Of Barrientos, Joe
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:14 PM
To: wsssc at lists.ctc.edu
Subject: [Wsssc] Question on College Catalog

Good afternoon all,

I am reaching out to pick your collective greymatter regarding your college catalog.  For my colleagues working in a district your input on process is greatly appreciated.

Questions:

1.     Do you still print hard (paper copies) of your catalog in addition to your e-version?

a.     We don't print many - but our advisors generally like to have a printed copy and it is a pdf on our website so it is easily printed.

2.     If you don't print hard copies, how do you get around the WDVA and state approving agency college catalog requirement to continue VA approval of programs?

a.     As mentioned above, we can print copies, so our certifying official can print what is needed for VA program approval.

3.     Who in your institution/district owns the process of sending out reminders to update, compiling updates, reviewing & editing the doc and who send it out to print.

a.     Our college relations area is overall responsible for the project and sends out certain sections to each larger division...and the  administrative assistants for each "division" (Student Learning, Student Success, Administrative Services, College Relations) are responsible for gathering updates from each area Director or person responsible for the information within their division.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Joe

[1472512154007_JB_email_sig.jpg]