[Wsssc] Homeless Students

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Wed Mar 22 14:12:35 PDT 2017

Colleagues: are any of you providing programs or services for homeless students? There is a new bill in the Legislature (Senate Bill 5903) that would - among other things - create a pilot program for two of our colleges to do so. Examples given in the bill are short-term housing, access to showers and laundry facilities, and discounted meals. I'm interested in knowing if we would be starting from scratch or if some of you are somewhat down this road already.

We need to produce a fiscal note (estimate of cost) by next Monday, so it would be great to hear back from you by then if you have anything to share. Thanks very much.

[Joe]
Joe Holliday
Director of Student Services

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D2A316.59B974E0]