[Wsssc] SCOC - Definition of Student

Leslie Blackaby lblackaby at yvcc.edu
Thu Jun 1 17:54:59 PDT 2017

Great question!  Our definition is like many of the other colleges, copied from the same model code.  Since our students have to reapply after missing three quarters, three quarters seems like an excellent benchmark for severing the “continuing relationship”.  Here’s YVC’s official definition:

(20) "Student" includes all persons taking courses at or through the college, whether on a full-time or part-time basis, and whether such courses are credit courses, noncredit courses, online courses, or otherwise. Persons who withdraw after allegedly violating the code, who are not officially enrolled for a particular term but who have a continuing relationship with the college, or who have been notified of their acceptance for admission are considered "students."

Leslie Blackaby
Dean, Student Services
Yakima Valley College
Deccio Higher Education Ctr.